Need help writing your CV?
When you start applying for school leaver jobs, your CV will be your first meaningful interaction with a prospective employer, so it is crucial that it does you justice as a candidate.
At the event, you will have the chance to book a one-to-one consultation with a CV specialist from The Write Stuff. In your session, your consultant will advise you on how to highlight your strongest attributes, present a professional-looking document and avoid the classic mistakes that commonly undermine strong candidates during job applications.
How to prepare for the CV Clinic:
- Be clear and concise - your CV should be no longer than two pages
- Tailor your CV to your employer or chosen field - only include relevant qualifications and experience
- Start with your highest qualifications or most recent experience
- Make sure you can account for any chronological gaps in your CV to avoid any awkward questions at the interview stage
- Don't forget your transferable skils - school newspaper, blogs, societies, sports teams, community or summer projects
- Proof-read your CV to eliminate spelling and grammar mistakes
- Is your email address suitable? (Yes, we mean you email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org!)
The CV Clinic is facilitated by The Write Stuff.
The Write Stuff is an independent consultancy specialising in creating professional, individually tailored CVs. The company offers CV guidance and advice to school leavers, graduates, job seekers and those changing careers, covering all levels and all industry sectors.