Recent research has one again shown that parents and carers are the biggest influence on the choices school leavers make. Whether your teenager already has their mind set on a particular career path, or they are open to all possibilities, you will best be able to support them if you are well informed about the options yourself. In this section, we'll be bringing you insights and advice from across a variety of organisations so that you can help steer your school leaver towards a path that most suits them.
Articles in this category:
- Advice to parents from a top employer
- Did your child not get into uni? Know their options
- Giving your school leaver the edge: Work Experience
- How to best invest in your child's future
- Making the most of a day at careers event - how you can help
- Moving out and moving on
- MUM, DAD I DO NOT WANT TO GO TO UNIVERSITY
- My Career wish list for my child
- New Year, New Era - 5 ways to help your teenager prepare for their future beyond school
- Parents, should your child enter an apprenticeship or university?
- Three actions you can take before the end of the year to help your teenager's career planning
- What can you do today to help your teenager's career planning in 2017?
Find out what it's like to work for some of the UK's top companies, discover what they are looking for in a candidate and decide which industry is best for you! Seminars are free to attend so arrive eary to secure a seat! See the seminar timetable here.
Thinking about a career in engineering? Put your practical skills to the test and join in the STEM Challenge. Take part by yourself, or in a team, and get an insight into a career in STEM and be in for a chance of winning a prize! Enter now.