With a population of around 11,000 staff and students, Solent University offers over 200 qualifications, from HNDs to PhDs, in areas including business, sport, technology, and the creative industries, and is home to one of the world’s leading maritime schools. Every year we are joined by around 10,000 additional students on short professional courses.
We work closely with businesses to develop courses, and to deliver apprenticeships, professional development and training tailored to industry needs – ensuring our graduates are precisely what employers are looking for. Highly skilled, highly motivated professionals who are ready to jump straight in.
- Awarded TEF Silver in recognition of the University’s excellent teaching (OfS, 2018)
- One of only six universities to be awarded the Social Enterprise Mark Gold (Social Enterprise Mark CIC, 2018)
- Highly rated for teaching, inclusivity, facilities and student employability (QS World University Rankings, 2017)
- 12th out of 124 in the country for boosting graduate earnings. (The Economist, based on LEO data, 2015/16)
- Home to world-leading research in communication, cultural and media studies, and art and design (REF, 2014).
- In the top 10 UK institutions for number of graduate start-ups created, two years running. (HE-BCI, 2016/17)
- Winner of the Times Higher Education ‘Most Improved Student Experience’ Award 2015.
- In the top 10 UK institutions for number of learner days providing continuous professional development / continuing education courses (HE-BCI, 2016/17)