If you’re looking for a university to get you where you want to be, Portsmouth is the place for you. We are a new breed of university, dedicated to your personal growth and development. We don’t fit the mould and we don’t expect you to either. Whatever success looks like for you, at Portsmouth is where you’ll find it.
Located on the south coast, the University of Portsmouth offers over 200 undergraduate courses across five faculties, including programmes in humanities, sciences, creative industries, business and technology.
We are ranked in the top 25 according to Guardian University Guide 2019. We are in the top 20 of all UK universities for overall student satisfaction, having achieved an 88% satisfaction rate in the National Student Survey 2018. These results are testimony to the investment we make in our students, and mean we have achieved higher than the national average for the 12th year in a row.
The University of Portsmouth is rated ‘Gold’ for teaching excellence, reaffirming our reputation for our teaching quality. Our graduates are highly valued by employers, with 97.5% of our students in employment or further study six months after graduation (DLHE 2017), making us the number one university in the south east and in the top 10% nationally for graduate progression to employment or further study.
Ten reasons to choose the University of Portsmouth:
1. Gold-rated teaching. We deliver outstanding teaching and learning.
2. You’ll be ready for the world of work. As shown by our employment stats above.
3. You’ll earn more. We’re number one in the UK for boosting graduate salaries (Economist 2017)
4. Guaranteed room in halls for all new full-time undergraduate students who make us their firm, first choice and meet accommodation deadlines.
5. Our students like us. Check out our student satisfaction rate above.
6. Practical experience. We equip you for the world of employment using simulated learning environments like our replica courtroom, TV studio and health suite.
7. Real work experience. Many of our courses offer work placements and the chance to study abroad.
8. Great place to live. Portsmouth is an exciting island city with a modern outlook. It is also one of the most affordable cities in the south for students (NatWest Student Living Index 2017).
9. Dedicated support. Whatever support you need to help achieve your goals, our friendly staff are on hand - from counsellors and chaplains to housing, finance and careers advisers.
10. Superb facilities. We are always improving and updating. In 2020 our new £50 million indoor sports facility will open. This includes an eight lane pool, sports hall, extensive gym, climbing and bouldering walls and ski simulator.
GIVE ME a university that rewrites the rules. With exceptional teaching and personalised support as required to meet your individual needs.
GIVE ME the University of Portsmouth