We are currently recruiting for the following sites:
- Heysham in Lancashire
- Dounreay in Thurso
Pay – a starting salary of £23,577
Other Benefits – excellent pension scheme and annual leave entitlement
Minimum requirements – aged 18 and a full UK driving licence
Recruitment process – apply online at www.cnc.jobs
You will then be required to complete a telephone interview, followed by the College Of Policing assessment centre. You will also be required to pass a medical and fitness test which currently stands at 7.6 on a 15-meter bleep test.
If you are successful in your application you will be placed onto an Initial Foundation Course (IFC). The IFC will run for 17 weeks and you will be provided with accommodation at our HQ in Culham, Oxfordshire. During these 17 weeks, we will give you the skills and training required to become a Police Authorised Firearms Officer (AFO). Once you have completed your 17-week training course you will begin work at your station.
Like any other Police Officer in the UK, you will be required to complete a two-year probation. Once you have completed your probation you can look towards promotion or even a specialised post within the organisation.
Promotion – we have the same rank structure and pay as any other UK Police Force. You can work towards promotion to Sergeant or Inspector, with opportunities across the organisation.
Specialisation – you may want to enhance your skillset even further by specialising in one of the following roles:
- Dog Handler – all our dog handlers have two dogs, an GP (general purpose) dog or an explosive search dog
- Police Medic – our police medics are trained to Paramedic Standard and receive enhanced skills to deal with different types of casualties.
- Project Sevator – Project Servator officers are specially trained officers who can be deployed across the UK, and are trained to detect serious crime.
- Strategic Escort Group – or SEG. These officers work on our specialist escort teams, and work across the world escorting nuclear material by road, rail or sea. These officers receive enhanced training and pay whilst away on deployment.
- Special Branch- these officers are our detectives. These highly trained individuals gather intelligence and information from across the UK and work with other agencies in the fight against the serious crime and terrorism.
- Specialist Firearms Teams – these officers are highly trained to deal with major incidents on our sites. These officers are trained to rescue hostages from buildings, specialist search teams and dynamic entry into hostile environments.
- Firearms Instructors – Our firearms instructors train our firearms officers in the skills they need to meet our objectives. As a firearms instructor you could be training new recruits or members of another Police Force in Police Firearms tactics. These instructors are some of the best in the UK.
Our Police officers are some of the best in the UK. The CNC provides armed protection to each of the UK’s civil nuclear sites. However at times of need, when the UK is under threat from Terrorist attacks, the CNC has been deployed across the UK as part of Operation Temperer. Under this you could find yourself deployed to a major event such as a Pop Concert, providing armed protection, or to the streets of a major UK city to provide high visibility patrols.
We have worked at several major events over the last few years. CNC officers were sent to the London Olympics, to the G8 summit and to other major events.
No two days are the same, so if you want to be exceptional, look toward a career in the Civil Nuclear Constabulary.
For further information please visit www.cnc.jobs or call our recruitment teams on 03303 135401
Apply by 16/03/2021