Culsans Gap Travel specialise in 8 week gap year adventure trips to Kenya with a key focus on conservation. We travel to some of the most beautiful part of the country and spend time in both the bush and the city.
Activities include: Field guide and nature training lectures alongside the Maasai, climbing Mt Kenya to point Lenana, volunteering in schools, animal tracking, understanding animal behaviour, influential introductions, conservation debates, behind the scenes understanding and access to successful conservancies, voluntary work experience on a permaculture farm, game drives, bush walks, sundowners, Maasai homestay option, city breaks, slum visit, camping under the stars, big 5 game viewing.
We want to give students the most amazing time of their life while engaging them in a unique and privileged educational experience which does good to all. We want to show students modern day conservation from different angles, enabling them to make their own unbiased conclusions. Students spend most of their time interacting, learning, working and volunteering alongside local people of different races, generations, tribes, cultures and locations. It's a really immersive experience, taking students out of their comfort zones and bridging the 'school to uni' gap.
We have 8 and 3 weeks trips running throughout the year and can take up to 10 students on each. Trips costs around £1000 per week per person.
- Privileged access to influential conservancies such as Ol Pejeta, Borana and Il Ngwesi
- Immersive experience and education of modern-day conservation methods
- Special 'young conservationist' discount to standard rates at conservancies
- Huge opportunity for skill development and networking, bridging the school to uni gap
- Cultural eye opener, real adventure and hugely worthwhile use of time while gaining certificates
- On the ground experts with you every day
- Automatic donation towards the Il Ngwesi Scholarship fund included
- AMREF flying doctor insurance included
- Affiliated with Responsible Travel, The Long Run and IPP Insurance.
Apply by 13/08/2020