Operations are on the front line of our external services and ensure the smooth running and delivery of the business.
- A 2 year, level 3 apprenticeship based in Kingswood, Surrey
- A starting salary of £17,500 (+ £500 welcome bonus + £1,000 end of 1st year bonus) with automatic salary increase in year 2)
- 23 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays
What do we do?
Operations is a global enterprise comprising myriad functions that support the success of the business, including Project Management, Business Analysts, Investment Operations, Brokerage and Process Automation to name but a few. The majority of our roles are based in our Surrey office.
What will you be doing?
Over your two year apprenticeship programme, you will be based at our Kingswood office in Surrey, where you’ll not only learn how operations is pivotal in making our organisation work seamlessly, but also build your knowledge of the wider business itself. Within the wider operational management area we have apprenticeships in either in investment operations, retail pensions operations or banking, reconciliation & controls.
- Investment Operations - This team is responsible for identifying and monitoring open and executed orders through the lifecycle of a trade. This will involve ensuring best execution, timely settlement as well as all trade and settlement costs. A key part of the role will be liaison with third party vendors as well as the specialist brokerage team in client services.
- Retail Pension Operations - This is currently one of the fastest growing areas of the business. The team is responsible for processing the core element of Self-Invested Personal Pension (SIPP) administration including transfers in and out, benefit calculations and payment, death, divorce cases, investment transactions and the day to day management of the SIPP.
- Banking, Reconciliations & Control (BRC) - This team is responsible for the receipt and payment of monies to / from investors / intermediaries followed by reconciliation of cash and stock positions for Fidelity's European based funds and Funds Network (fund supermarket business). In addition, BRC includes the processing of fund distributions, tax & interest accrual processing and various other control related activities for Customer Services.
You will be on an apprenticeship standard relevant to your role. At every stage, your development will be underpinned by the best training and professional certified courses with the aim of employing you full-time once you have completed your apprenticeship qualification.
What we look for
You need to be Career Driven, able to build relationships a keen learner. You will need three Cs at A level or equivalent and to have already obtained at least five GCSEs between A*-C, two of which we prefer to be English and Maths.
Applications close 24th February 2019.
Apply by 31/12/2018