About our company
In 2018 Savers were awarded 7th place in the Sunday Times best big companies to work for. We were the highest placed retailer in the list. This recognises the levels of engagement within our teams and demonstrates our commitment to our people.
Savers was acquired by AS Watson in 2000 to further our value led offer in the UK. “Our aim is to be the most competitively priced health and beauty retailer on the high street …from a clean crisp contemporary store setting with friendly, efficient and trained colleagues” We provide branded products at affordable prices. We work extensively on the range of products we offer and have extended our ranges in recent years.. We continue to strive to launch the biggest products on the high street at the lowest prices. We have over 400 stores throughout England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales and are still expanding.
Outline of role
30 hours per week
£162 - £168 per week + level 2 qualification
Full time 13 month contract
Can you tick all the right boxes?
Just like us, you like people. You are confident, like working as part of a team and passionate about good customer service. And you like looking ahead to see what’s next, developing your skills and want to learn about how a retailer operates their business.
What will it look like?
You will work with the team in store helping and serving customers, ensuring shelves are stocked and the store is welcoming and attractive.
This will include:
- Understanding what the Savers customer wants
- Demonstrating exceptional customer service
- Understanding the business and maintaining the brand reputation
- Resolving customer queries
- Using knowledge to promote products to customers
- Highlighting promotional offers to work towards achieving sales targets
- Supporting promotion changes and stock rotation
- Understanding how to increase sales through product placement
- Adhering to all policies and procedures
- Supporting store delivery of KPIs
How will it work?
You will work through a programme of learning delivered through a combination of workbooks and online learning. This will be over a 12 month period with the support of an Assessor and your Manager.
During the 13th month of your contract you will take part in an end assessment with an independent Assessor, which includes an observation of your ability, a discussion around your experiences and a multiple choice written test.
On completion of your End Point Assessment and Apprenticeship you will receive:
- A nationally recognised qualification - HABC Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner
- An in depth knowledge of the products we sell
- Fantastic customer service skills
- Increased confidence and ability in dealing with the public
- Insight in to how a retail business operates
We welcome applications from those aged 16-18 years of age, however recruitment will be on merit and all applications will be considered.
To come on board as a Savers Apprentice Sales Assistant, you would need the following:
You qualify if...
- You have a minimum of Grade C / 4 GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths
- You are NOT currently at college or 6th form and are available for full time shifts
- You HAVEN'T completed a Customer Service apprenticeship before
- You DON'T already have a degree or completed a year or more at University
- You are eligible to work in the UK
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills to enable you to complete a Level 2 Customer
- Service Practitioner Diploma
- Confident communicator
- Excellent people skills
- Keen interest in retail business
- Adaptable with a positive attitude to learning and working
You must be able to work 30 hours and fully flexible with days and hours.
Success in this role could enable you to take your next step with us, as we have a strong desire to promote from within and reward the highest achievers.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you apply here today!
About the department
Our stores are generally small with a friendly feel and you are part of the community when you work at Savers and we encourage this by getting involved with local community programmes.
Pension Life assurance and 28 days holiday Uniform Discount card & access to discounts with 3,500 retailers using MySaversdeals.co.uk Reward and recognition scheme and long service awards Simply health wellbeing plan Employee assistance programme
£165 week (dependant on location) with no tax or national insurance.
Hours per week
30 hours per week
Apply by 31/03/2019